Friday, August 10, 2012

Playroom Color Scheme

As important as the design of the playroom were the colors and fabrics.  As I've said before, the playroom is right off the open kitchen/living/dining rooms.  The eventual colors in those rooms will be coral and pale aqua - along with the massive amounts of brown in the house (brown wood floors, brown cabinets, brown kitchen back splash, brown counters, brown kitchen tile, brown leather sofas and brown wood furniture/tables.

I wanted to have a sense of flow from those rooms to the playroom, so I played off the aqua and kicked it up a notch to turquoise.  Then I went on the hunt for a whimsical turquoise fabric for the roman shades I wanted to build.  That's when I found Twirly: True Turquoise


 If you google it, you can find many retailers selling this style and color.  I purchased mine from www.amazon.com who in turn buys it from www.fabric.com.  Be sure to get a sample from a retailer before purchasing and making sure you pick the right color.  I accidentally ordered the Twirly fabric in the wrong color as they offer it in two different shades of blue.  Luckily, Fabric.com took it back for a full refund (I had ordered 5 yards) and sent me a paid shipping invoice!  Love them!

So now onto the search for a complimentary fabric that had turquoise plus at least one other color I could play off of for the window bench.  I searched all the major fabric sites that come up in most searches, but nothing really popped for me.  Then I stumbled upon a Pinterest post about making "No Sew" Roman Shades that sourced a fabric store I'd never heard of www.tonicliving.com   And I found the perfect compliment: A New Twist: Aquamarine


It's modern, fun and has great shades of blue and green.  Plus it's an outdoor fabric so it'll stand up to This fabric also comes in another color, so if you order it make sure you get the correct color.

So this is how the colors for the playroom were born: Turquoise and Lime.


Other Playroom Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment